The Ohio Cyber Range Institute (OCRI) provides the following resources and services at no cost to educators in the state of Ohio:
Access to the Ohio Cyber Range (OCR) virtual cloud environment;
Personnel and technical resources to host cyber exercise(s) at your institution;
A public archive of Cybersecurity educational content & resources for all audiences;
A central communication platform for Cybersecurity educators across Ohio; and
Custom virtual cloud environment configurations and support for educational programs, research opportunities, and/or any other Cybersecurity-related activities that have not yet been developed within the Ohio Cyber Range.
If you are an educator or a professional involved with Cybersecurity education in Ohio and would like access to any of these resources or services, please follow the instructions listed below.
1. To request access to the Ohio Cyber Range, you must first request access to the Ohio Cyber Range Institute site in Microsoft SharePoint.
Access may be requested via the Request Access button at the bottom of this page, or at the direct link here. Please allow two business days for a response.
2. You will receive an email from Microsoft Teams with the subject line: “You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams”. The body of the email will look like the example pictured.
3. You will also receive an email from email@example.com with the subject line: “Ohio Cyber Range Training Credentials”. This email contains training credentials for the Ohio Cyber Range, which you will use in the next step. Training must be completed before requesting access to the Ohio Cyber Range.
4. Once you have received access to Microsoft Teams, you will automatically have access to the Ohio Cyber Range Institute site in Microsoft SharePoint. This is where you can complete self-guided training, access educational resources, and find other relevant information.
5. Once you have completed training, you may request range resources for a class, cyber exercise, or other activity (permitted on a case-by-case basis) via OCR Access Request on the SharePoint site, or at the direct link here. This request can only be submitted once training has been completed. Pre-configured environments in the Ohio Cyber Range must be requested at least 10 business days in advance of their start date. Custom templates must be requested at least 20 business days in advance of their start date.
6. Ohio Cyber Range Institute staff will coordinate with you directly to provide access and resources prior to the start date identified in the request.
7. For any technical issues once you have already received access to the Ohio Cyber Range, please submit a support ticket via OCRI Service Desk on the SharePoint site, or at the direct link here. This request can only be submitted by active Ohio Cyber Range users.